But when we opened our eyes, here we were at home, hanging out with our one-eyed cat. But hey, just because we're not actually on the Mediterranean, doesn't mean we can't eat like we are!
Daydream Believin' Mediterranean Salad
Served with Falafel, Flatbread, and home-made Tahini dressing!
For the Fabulous Falafels:
1 16 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. fresh oregano (From the herbs on my windowsill pictured above!)
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 Tbsp. flour
2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Toss all ingredients into food processor.
2. Process until a thick paste forms.
3. Form into 12 small balls, flatten slightly on oiled baking sheet.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through.
For the Tasty Tahini Dressing:
4 Tbsp. Tahini
1 Tbsp. Tamari or Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 small clove garlic, pasted
1 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped (Again, from the windowsill!)
4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Whisk all ingredients, except Olive Oil, together until well blended.
2. Stream in Olive Oil while continuing to whisk.
3. Thin with water, if necessary.
Now it's time to assemble your Salad!! May we suggest:
Ground Black Pepper