These past few days have been SCORCHERS! It seems like we can't even go outside without disappearing into a puddle of sweat. Conveniently, that's exactly how we like our Indian food -- hot enough to induce streaming eyes and burning tongues! Ok, that's entirely KT speaking. For the rest of us, who actually like to enjoy our curry without pain, here is a fusion recipe which will instantly transport you to India.
This pizza is loaded with Indian flavors - curried vegetables, vegan chicken, coriander, turmeric, and mutard seeds, all topped with some mozarella style Daiya Cheese!
Curry Up and Eat this Pizza!
Pizza Dough for 1 crust
Indian pizza sauce -- 1 cup pizza sauce, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 medium head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
1 broccoli crown, cut into bite sized pieces
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
1/2 cup water
2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp curry powder
Red onion, thinly sliced
Daiya mozzarella "cheese"
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare pizza dough.
3. Mix 1 cup pizza sauce with curry powder and red pepper flakes. Spread on pizza crust.
4. Heat vegetable oil in skillet over med-hi heat. Add mustard seeds. As soon as they start to pop, stir in the turmeric and salt. Add cauliflower and broccoli, mixing well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in peas, water, coriander, and curry. Decrease heat to low and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
6. Remove veggies from skillet and scatter on pizza.
7. Wipe out skillet, add an additional tablespoon of vegetable oil, and heat to med-hi. Add vegan "chicken" and brown.
8. Scatter "chicken", thinly sliced red onion, and "cheese" on pizza.
9. Bake 10 minutes on lowest rack of oven. Move to medium rack and continue baking 5 to 10 minutes until "cheese" is melted and slightly browned.
Don't worry, this pizza's spice level won't force you to throw yourself into the Ganges, yet it is still flavorful enough to send you to the hustle and bustle of an Indian marketplace.