It's no secret that we love pizza. If either of us could only have one meal for the rest of our lives, it would be safe to say that we both would choose pizza. KT asked pizza to be her Valentine this year. The recipe for pizza dough that we use in our bread machine allows us to foster this obsession -- it yields enough dough for 2 pizzas every time. This is usually no problem. Either we make another pizza (always the best option), vegan stromboli, or delicious focaccia bread. But since yesterday was Valentine's Day, we opted for something a bit sweeter with our left over dough!Vegan Love Rolls
Dough for 1 pizza
1/8 cup Sugar
1/8 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Flour
1/4 cup Pecans, toasted and chopped
2 Tbsp Vegan Margarine
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together all ingredients except for the dough and the margarine.
3. Roll or pat out dough to about 9X12 inches. Sprinkle filling over the dough. Dot with small pieces of margarine. Firmly roll the dough from the shorter side and use a little water to pinch the seam together and seal.
4. Slice into 6 even pieces. Place in a 9 inch baking ban sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Cover with towel and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
If you want to take your rolls to the next level (trust us, you do), whip up this delectable drizzle!
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp Nondairy Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1. Mix ingredients together.
2. Drizzle over rolls.
These resourceful rolls were the perfect sweet breakfast for Valentine's day...but honestly, they would be the perfect breakfast ANY day! Plus, they're just another excuse to make more dough for that second pizza...
Peace, love, and rolls,
Pam and KT