Even though it is known as the "Crossroads of America," Indiana tends to get overlooked. At least in the Food Universe (aka - our universe), it's hard to pinpoint what exactly this lovely land is known for. Since you can't really put a hoosier on a pizza, we had to hit the books and do some research.
We learned that The Indiana Foodways Alliance is currently seeking to brand Indiana foods the way Southern foods have been. This way, people from other areas of the U.S.A. (like us), can become aware of the traditional Indiana fare that we have been missing. These specific foods include Onion Pie, a pie of sweet onions, bacon, eggs, and cheese. With this in mind, a delicious breakfast pizza was born!!
Pizza dough for one crust
"Cheesy" Sauce (You can find the recipe here)
Your favorite Tofu Scramble recipe (You can find the recipe we use here)
Browned Vegan Bacon
Caramalized sweet onion
Vegan "Cheese" Shreds (we used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar Daiya)
A sprinkling of Vegan Parmesean
Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Assemble by spreading the "cheesy" sauce on your pizza crust. Cover with tofu scramble. Scatter the browned vegan bacon and vegan cheddar/mozzarella shreds. Sprinkle with just a little parmesean.
3. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, and let sit for 5 minutes (try to restrain yourself) before slicing, plating, and drizzling with ranch dressing.
5. Enjoy a slice any hour of the day. It is totally acceptable for any meal or snack!
Vegan Ranch Dressing
1 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Vegan Sour Cream
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1/2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together! Drizzle over your delicious slice of Indiana Branded Pizza!!
Peace, Love, and Hoosiers!
Pam and KT