We drew our inspiration from the musical's song, "All American Prophet" and came up with this delicious combination of ingredients which gave the pizza some...Donny Osmond flair.
The All-American Pizza
Pizza Crust, either store-bought or home-made
For the Sauce
3/4 cup Pizza Sauce
1/4 cup smoky BBQ Sauce
1. Mix together and spread on Pizza crust
We also made a traditional Margherita pizza with regular pizza sauce, tomatoes, fresh basil, and a sprinkling of black olives. Because let's face it, one pizza is NEVER enough.
For the Toppings
Vegan style "Chicken Nuggets", quartered
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
Thinly sliced red onion, to taste
Vegan grated Cheddar cheese (Daiya is always best for PIZZA!)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Scatter "Chicken" and vegetables on Pizza.
3. Top with Vegan cheese. Garnish with pepper
4. Bake Pizza on middle rack of oven for 10 minutes.
5. If you like a crispier crust, transfer Pizza to lowest rack for 5-7 minutes. If not, keep it where it is for the last 5-7 minutes.