The recipe was inspired by a similar one by Rachael Ray. As soon as Pam saw a Thai Pizza, she knew she had to veganize it!! And veganize it she did.
Pizza Dough for one crust
1/2 cup plum sauce
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups Daiya mozarella "cheese"
1/4 cup vegan parmesean "cheese"
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
1 rounded Tbsp. peanut butter
2 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
2 tsp. grilling seasoning
1/2 lb. vegan "chicken", cut into bite sized pieces
2 Tbsp. agave
2 Tbsp. red wine or apple cider vinegar
1/4 seedless cucumber, diced small
4 scallions, chopped small
1 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare pizza dough.
2. Combine vegetable oil, tamari/soy sauce, and peanut butter with Sriracha and grill seasoning. Mix well. Add vegan "chicken" pieces and toss to coat.
3. Heat skillet to medium-high. Add "chicken" and sautee until slightly browned and crusted. Remove to platter.
4. Spread plum sauce over pizza dough. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
5. Top with prepared "chicken", red bell pepper, and "cheeses."
6. Bake 15 - 17 minutes.
7. While baking, mix agave and vinegar and add cucumber. Toss and set aside.
8. Upon removing pizza from oven, top with scallions, bean sprouts, and drained cucumber. Garnish with chopped cilantro and peanuts.
9. Slice, pile pieces on to your plate, and celebrate the end of summer!!
Pam and KT